Postcard

postcard

 Artist Statement 

I thought this project was fun because I got to express something I love. I think there were some hard parts and easier ones. Depending on the degree of software expertise, designing a postcard in Adobe InDesign can be challenging. But some of the more difficult aspects of designing a postcard in InDesign was managing all the images; where they looked best, high-quality, and the right size. The easier part for me was picking the images and working with the lines to create the stamp and the other postcard formats. 

The summer means everything to me, it's my favorite season. Warmth, sunshine, and leisure are common connotations of summer. It is a period when children are not in school and people go on vacation to travel, relax, and enjoy the outdoors. Some people associate summer with trips to the beach, swimming, and other water sports. Others take pleasure in outdoor activities like tennis, riding, and hiking. There are also outdoor concerts, picnics, and barbecues during the summer. Some people find it nostalgic, taking them back to their carefree childhood, while others see it as an opportunity to gain experience through internships or summer jobs. In general, summer offers a chance to take a vacation from routine and to enjoy life.

Comments

  1. Your postcard is truly amazing, Zara. It looks so aesthetically pleasing. It gives off a little bit of pinterest vibes too. I love how you put a picture of yourself on the beach. You picked the right picture not just because it is at beach but also the white dress just matches the color theme of the postcard and other pictures. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this postcard because it has an actual message inside it showing that you did more than necessary for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your postcard has multiple photos on it. I think it was really creative to have so many elements going on on the front of your post card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this postcard and the whole aesthetic you have surrounding it. I also love the message you included on the back which wasn't something I saw on any other post cards in the class. Super pretty to look at and love the message!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts