Calligram Project

Mine:



Inspiration: 




Artist Statement

    For my Vector Project (Calligram), I chose to re-create the London Bridge since it's has been my dream to live there since I was 14. I only though it would be right to set the location of where my letter is heading to. 

    I will not lie, this project was very hard. Whether that is with how fast I felt like the instructions were or just the software itself was too hard to use. I used a lot of the rectangle tool to create the shape of the bridge. Along with the curvature tool to create the waves and ropes at the end of the bridge. This tool helped me create a swerve effect. Then I used the type in path tool so that my letter could follow the outline I created. I also used the envelope distort to wrap my letter within the shape. I also, obviously used the pen tool to help with small lines within the outline. Additionally, added color to the painting that wasn't in the inspiration because it's similar to what it actually looks like in person.

    I'm not exactly super happy with how my drawing however, I'm proud that I was able to do it to the best of my capabilities.  


Future Self Letter

Dear Zara, 


On January 27th, 2023, he will write a letter. It will be 2043 at this point, and you will be 38 years old. That's so old! I mean, I can't even imagine what my late twenties will be like, let alone my late thirties! But I'm curious about what we're doing in life. By this time, I hope to have a family, be married, and live in a nice home with plenty of light. I'm hoping we're still working in the fashion or luxury goods industries. It's been our dream since we graduated from high school. Remember when you used to work with brands like Hollister, Pink, and Bumble? Man, life was simple. I'm sure it's getting harder by the second, but I hope the life you've built for yourself makes you happy. I believe we have been through a lot, and thus you are feeling the support that we may not have felt at a younger age. We've had so many hopes and dreams, but also so much heartbreak along the way. I've begun to accept all of the hurt, neglect, and rejection. For the longest time, I didn't believe rejection was a redirection. Even if that isn't true, it doesn't mean you can't make the best of what you have. You're in your Digital Media class at one of the most beautiful universities in the world, one that many people can only dream of attending while also studying exactly what you want.

We had a difficult first semester due to homesickness, friend loss, and adjustment. I mean, it hasn't gotten any easier, but you've made friends and are doing well in your classes. Which is unusual because most freshmen do not; however, you must keep up with it. You've come to take classes. Anyway, I'd like to ask you a few questions. 1) Are you truly happy, as in rom-com happy? 2) How many children do we have because we've been debating this one? 3) What kind of work do we do in the fashion industry, advertising or marketing? 4) Are we in London? We've wanted to do this since we were 14 years old! 5) Do we still travel frequently? Since I can remember, that has been our number one priority. 

I can't wait to see it on this particular date. A lot has changed in just 18 years, and I bet in 20 years it won't even come close to the craziness we've seen in the last few months. But we've never been quitters, and we're not about to start now. This is only the beginning.


Love, 

You





Comments

Popular Posts