Logo

Inspiration:

B/W:



Color:


Artist Statement
    At a young age, I was surrounded by animals. I had two ducks, worked at stable, played with goats, kittens, and puppies, including saving injured birds on the road. In some ways, I thought that resembled those animals or at least wanted to. Riding horses made me feel free, saving injured birds was like when my family would support me when I was down, and watching the ducks/goats/dogs/cats grow up was just an example of the circle of life. However, there was always something about butterflies sitting on the rose petals in the backyard or flying right over the grass that gave me piece in a world full of drama. There beauty is well known but their capabilities are overseen. Which, I feel like resembles me in various ways. I wouldn't describe myself as beautiful but, it tends to escape others mouths when referring to my job, work, or skills. They only want to see what you have on the surface rather than what you can bring to the table and every small mistake is watched and used against me. Butterflies feed on nectar and rub up against pollen deep within flowers. This contains genetic material that adheres to the butterfly and is deposited in other flowers visited by the butterfly. Little did they know that my skills, they oversee, are 2x stronger then there's is because of the passion and work ethic I put in. Maybe my beauty in others eyes gives them a false idea of who I am but, my work ethic is
    So, choosing to sketch a butterfly was pretty simple. I always wanted a tattoo of a minimalistic butterfly, I think its timeless and gorgeous. I decided to use some of the skills I learned these past few weeks to create a fun and small logo that resembles me. I started of with the curvature tool to shape out the front wing so that I could work off of it throughout the rest of the process. I had to create to different parts for the back wing, thus I used the curvature tool to create the upper and bottom half of the wing. I inserted "ZA" to the top, and "RA" to the bottom. Then I used the envelope distort tool to infuse the letters. Finally, I created the body of the butterfly by using the shape tool of two ovals. I also decided to bold the outline of the front wing so that people could see it from a distance. In the addition to the color process, I knew I wanted to keep the basic look and found that using a light color or transparency on the front wing kept the style I wanted from the beginning. But, I looked at the letters to play with when it came to color. I especially enjoyed the last logo with the different shades of blue. Using two different colors for the lower and upper letters of my name came out better than I thought. This logo resembles me in both design and color.

Sketches: 


Comments

Popular Posts