Animation

animation

 Artist Statement 

I struggled a bit with this project because creating a whole animation took a lot of time. I watched a few tutorials which I found to be easy to follow (with a lot of pausing) however, last time I did that it wasn't exactly what the professor was looking for so I was a bit worried.

I originally chose hearts because they were my wallpaper, so I thought it would be cool to see them in GIF form. I picked the a specific form of animation because I was thinking of the loading tab GIF, it seemed simple but also impressive when put into effect. 

However, my professor thought that my skill levels were higher for what I had performed. So I created a new animation that is shown above. This one took me 4 hours because I had forgotten a few of the steps that I used the last time I did animation. The hardest part was timing the frames so that everything ran smoothly. I chose to tell a story of a rainbow caterpillar because the Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar was my favorite book as a child. I wanted to re-create something of that nature. I'm proud of my end result even though it took me much longer than expected. 

Here are the steps to create an animation using Photoshop:

Create a new document in Photoshop with the required dimensions once it is open. For each frame of the video, make a new layer. To create additional layers, use the Layers panel. Create the content for each frame on its associated layer using the drawing and painting tools. Click the "Create Frame Animation" option in the Timeline panel. To make a fresh frame for each layer, select "Duplicate Frame" from the Timeline panel's buttons. Toggle the layers' visibility for each picture on or off using the Layers panel. To determine how long each picture should last, use the Timeline panel. By selecting the "Play" option in the Timeline panel, you can see the animation in action. The animation should be saved in a GIF form.




Comments

  1. This is so cool to watch. I like how it is just something fun and creative and flows very well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts