Self Portrait

Inspiration: 

Breakfast at Tiffany's Poster 

Mamma Mia Poster 

photo of me used 

Final:


 

Artist Statement 

This was the best project in my opinion, it's the one that I'm most proud of showing to others. I don't think it was too hard once I got the hang of it in Adobe Illustrator. However, I could see that there are a few changes I would make now looking back. First, I would perhaps draw legs at the end of the skirt even though the original didn't because it looks as though I don't have any in this poster. Second, I wanted the waves at the bottom to look like the sea but it doesn't really so I would try to find a better solution. Other than those two critics, I think I did I really good job in other aspects such as the color scheme and propaganda message. 

I've traveled since I was 2 weeks old and I think it's something that everyone should experience so that's why I chose to use Mamma Mia's message of seeing the world. The photo I used was from this summer which was perfect. I added the globes so that people can understand that the world is bigger than we could ever expect. Additionally, I used the two minimalistic movie posters above as inspiration; Breakfast at Tiffany's: the two shades & Mamma Mia: the color pattern. 

Comments

  1. That final design is so cool. Its art style is so unique and interesting while not being so hard to remember. I also like how the colors give a relaxed and nostalgic vibe, at least to me. It really helps push your message. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember looking at your design while in class and thinking, "Wow, please Professor Roundtree, DO NOT SHOW MINE NEXT!" Having took yourself leaning on the railing and changing it to a round globe was done extremely well! I like the style that you went for with the minimalist details to where the design almost looks like a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts